The mango is called king of fruits, ” Mango Fruit” is one of the nutritionally wealthy fruits with admirable taste, aroma and health-promoting characteristics.
Its a mineral fruit that means it has a great seed in the middle.
The King of Fruit, Mango is one of the flavourful seasonal fruit grown in tropics and belongs to the family of Anacardiaceae with the scientific name Mangifera Indica
Nutritionally Mango is low in calories and high in nutrients. One cup of sliced mango provides only 100 calories carrying the following nutrients:
Protein, carbohydrates, fat, dietary fiber, vitamin C, copper, folate, Vitamin B6, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Vitamin B5, Vitamin K, Niacin, Potassium, Riboflavin, Manganese, Thiamine, Magnesium and small amounts of phosphorus, pantothenic acid, calcium, selenium and iron.
Below are some advantages of mango which you may not have known.
- Helps indigestion
Mangoes have an enzyme that helps in the decrease and digestion of proteins.
Also be full of fibres that helps the digestive system work smoothly plus lowering the risk of heart complications
- Mangoes have enough vitamin C and antioxidants that boost the immunity system
- Mangoes contain abundant of beta-carotene that helps in the production of vitamin A which further aids in improving vision and overall eye health
- Mangoes are rich in fibre pectin that lowers the bad cholesterol which obstructs the vessels and block blood flow.
- Who doesn’t love mangoes?
It’s a common myth that diabetics can’t have mangoes.
Although it is sweet and should be eaten cautiously, that doesn’t make mangoes a strict No-No for diabetics
Glycemic index (GI) of mango ranges up to 60 with an average of 51.
Foods with less than 55 are considered to be low glycemic food and are safe for diabetics to eat up
The phytochemicals in the mango skin act as a natural fat burner, that helps in weight loss if eaten in moderation.
- Mango has polyphenolic antioxidant that has been found to protect from colon, breast, prostate cancers and leukaemia.
Summers are here and so are mangoes is there
So, what are you waiting for ?
Start enjoying mangoes this summer.